Web page criteria
First read Web Page Eval
Then examine the three sources given below and apply the evaluation criteria.
Evaluate Three Resources
Evaluate each of the following websites using the criteria on the previous page.
Click on one link at a time. (Open side by side browser windows.) Evaluate the page content for: Coverage, Authority, Objectivity, Accuracy and Currency .
- Subject — AIDS
- Topic — What effect has AIDS had on the adult female population?
- Click on link 1 and evaluate if for the following criteria.
- Click on link 2 and evaluate if for the following criteria.
- Click on link 3 and evaluate if for the following criteria.
Sample evaluations forms can be found on these university web pages:
- Barker, Joe. "Web Page Evaluation Worksheet. UC-Berkeley Teaching Library." Web 2002. http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/TeachingLib/Guides/Internet/EvalForm.pdf 24 Jul 2010
- Universities Libraries at Virginia Tech, "Bibliography on Evaluating Web Information." Web. 2010. http://www.lib.vt.edu/instruct/evaluate 24 Jul 2010